Work learning is a unique opportunity for people with significant financial difficulties to attend The Crossing College. We are looking for passionate, dedicated Jesus followers who are committed to building up the Body
of Christ and are hungry to learn more about their faith. A small number of work learning positions are available each year, and they will only be filled by
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Students are "hired" to work at their home church in exchange for tuition. It's treated like a job with a signed contract at the beginning of the year, a set schedule, regular performance reviews, and potential for growth in the position.
Students accepted into a Work Learning position will work 30 hours per 5-week session of courses (roughly 6 hours a week) in exchange for tuition. Work Learning hours may not be completed in the internship area. Work Learning should be something that the student is already able to do with minimal training.
Students will be assigned positions in Grounds Maintenance or Ministry Childcare, depending on qualifications.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Any student pursuing the Diploma in Biblical Studies degree (ACLM will be considered ONLY on
- Committed Jesus-follower and member of The Crossing
- Significant financial hardship
- Strong grit and work ethic with a positive,
- Reputation of reliability and punctuality
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
- Apply for DBS
- Submit the following documents to The Crossing College, 829 School St., Elk River, MN 55330: (1) A Statement of Financial Need (A formal essay describing who you are and how you came to know Jesus, what you hope to gain from TCC, your current life and financial situation, and how you would benefit from a work learning experience.) (2) A Letter of Recommendation from a Crossing Staff Member (3) Completed Background Check form (request from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete interview with College Director, Work Learning Supervisor(s), & Internship Director